Thursday, 17 March 2016

4 Steps To Find The Perfect Foundation





Foundation is one of the things that really make or break a persons make up, in my opinion. Yes I know we have all been there with foundations that are too dark or not right for your skin type, I sometimes still do! However, here are some steps I have to help you out in picking a perfect foundation.

1 – High-end or Drugstore – I think it’s important to pick depending on your price range. I find that both have good options. The high-end counters do offer more guidance when it comes to foundation and they will help you find exactly what you’re looking for as well as the shade however if it isn’t within budget then don’t worry! There are so many great ones from the drugstore such as Rimmel 25 hour foundation.

2 – What Do you want? – Working out what you want from your foundation is a key thing to finding what you’re looking for. For example I tend to opt for a matte finish with a high coverage. From day to night I change the shade; during the day I want something to match me for the natural look where as night time I want something with a little colour. Always remember about your skin type when buying foundations.

3 -  Colour Match – Colour matching can be the biggest ballache when it comes to foundations, so many shades and undertones to chose from all in all it can be a little bit difficult.
Buying foundations from the drugstore can be harder as you don’t get help on colour matching, I find applying them on the back of the hand works best for me. I usually take my sister or a friend for a second opinion.
High-end foundations, there will be someone matching you and they will give you 2-3 shades that match and you can then decide which one you thinks best, again I always take someone for another opinion on the shade.

4 -  Online – The internet is a beautiful thing and you should use it to research about products that are on your wish list. Unless its an impulse purchase I always read a review on things to see what others think of them. Online you can also find websites where they match you with foundation tones, all you need to do is add the foundations you previously use and their shade numbers and it will give you a match to various foundations.

Kayleigh xx

No comments:

Post a Comment